Sunday, March 24, 2013

Send image from Raspberry Pi via Bluetooth

Our next Bluetooth step is to send files between the Raspberry Pi and my Smartphone.

Raspberry Pi to HTC
We have to check which services are available on the Phone:
sdptool browse <MAC of the Phone>
Search for "OBEX Object Push" and remember the Channel. In my case it is: 12.

Next step is to install obexftp:
sudo apt-get install obexftp
Now we can send a file from Raspberry Pi to the Phone. In my case I have downloaded a picture of tux in my home-directory as described here: http://www.acmesystems.it/bluetooth

Enter the following command (don´t forget to use the right channel) and a Bluetooth file receive request should come up on your Phone:





Yeah, tux is on my phone now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate how simply you have organized this information. It had seemed like a daunting task at first, but this shows clearly that it is a maneuver anyone can handle.

Thanks.

Vivek Soni said...

I am not able to see the received file anywhere.

Ryan Good said...

The request doesn't come through on iOS (I'm assuming it's a security thing) any idea how to bypass that?

David said...

I haven´t been using my Pi for some time, so I am currently not up to date with the bluetooth communication. Maybe you can try it on an android phone and see if it works there...then you know for sure it´s an IOS/Iphone thing?

David said...

And sorry for the late reply, I had some problems with the comments:

(like this, if someone has the same problems)
http://makingamark.blogspot.co.at/2012/09/do-you-have-problem-leaving-comments-on-Blogger-blogs.html

Elamurugu P said...

This command ends up with "the operation failed with the error code 1" message and the file is not received at android mobile.